Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hosting of N9 Materials, Our feelings on it< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Rogue Shadow Search for posts by this member.
Seriously Vagrant Shade

TeamIcon

Group: Admins
PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2017,10:52  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Greetings once again all,

We have had several offers to host the content from Nexusnine.net at other sites, and after conversation with the other site admins here, we have come to the following:

Regarding the disposition of hosted materials at the Nexusnine.net site

Over the years of its existence, Nexusnine has become a storehouse for ideas and writing from a great many creative minds. Looking over the site, we have contributions from over two dozen different people in amongst three or four dozen articles, features and netbooks. A lot of creative time and energy has been put into the site over the years.

That inevitably brings us to the question of where to go with the material on the site. We have no wish to see the work disappear just because the site is coming down. To that end we have had offers from several different sources to host up the material from the Nexusnine site, so that it can live on after the actual site is gone.

We have spent some time discussing this between the admin staff and have come to a consensus. The articles, features and Netbooks on the site were created for the general gaming community at large and they should stay that way. In that respect, we have no problem with the materials from Nexusnine being indexed and re-hosted on other sites. We would, however, like to address the following points and requests:

1. Permission is expressly given by Brian Weber, Brian Hardwick and Ian Schroen to re-host any materials we have created and hosted on the Nexusnine website.

2. When hosting any materials from the site, please be sure to credit the original creators of the material. (Whether you want to reference the Nexusnine site is up to you).

3. Lastly, and most important, we are granting our permission to re-host the site content based on our belief that the material should stay available. That said, at the end of the day, all the material on Nexusnine belongs to the original creators, not the site itself. With that in mind, we ask that you honor the wishes of any original creator of our site materials, should they have a different opinion about the hosting of their creative work elsewhere.

Thank you,

Brian Weber - RS

--------------

"Vampires and Werewolves are meant to be killed, not loved. This game lets you do that."- An employee note under Hunter the Vigil at my local bookstore
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Haz-matt Search for posts by this member.
Nexus Lord

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2017,18:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have the site ripped and uploaded to http://www.nexusnine.haz-matt.com

I'll do editing and adding notes about what happened to the original.  If any of you old admins want access to it, let me know and I'll set you up with a login for the sub domain.

--------------
I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Nexusnine Contest Champion:
Build your own Rift contest
Robot Design contest
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
1 replies since May 08 2017,10:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hosting of N9 Materials
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code